Annandale Patch Picks: Annandale Non-Profit Organizations
Here are five non-profit organizations based here in Annandale that are making an impact on our community
Every week, Annandale Patch will run a weekly feature, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.
Annandale Patch Picks: Five Non-Profit Organizations in Annandale
- Annandale Community for Action (ACCA): ACCA is an alliance of 26 Christian churches that provides day care, rental assistance, food, furniture and other services to low-income families in the Annandale and Bailey's Crossroads area.
- Korean Community Service Center: The Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington (KCSCGW) is devoted to helping Asian-Americans and recent immigrants become contributing residents in the community.
- PHILLIPS Programs: PHILLIPS serves over 500 children and their families in the Washington metropolitan area. The PHILLIPS school in Annandale is a U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School.
- Shepherd's Center of Annandale-Springfield: The Shepherd's Center of Annandale-Springfield is a network of community-based interfaith centers where seniors can come together to actively support and enrich one another.
- Haven of Northern Virginia: Haven of Northern Virginia is comprised of trained volunteers who care for individuals unable to care for themselves or who are without friends and family to care for them.