View Annandale 2/15 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Feb. 13 from the Mason, Franconia and West Springfield police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Sexual Assault (pink on map), 6:30 a.m., Feb. 10, 4600 block of John Tyler Court, A 20-year-old woman reported she spent the night at a home after party. She woke up when someone allegedly was sexually assaulting her. Elvis Nunez Soliz, 25, of Annandale, was charged with rape and preventing another person from summoning law-enforcement.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Stolen Vehicle (red on map), 2 p.m., Feb. 12, 5500 block of Vincent Gate Terrace, A man entered the office and allegedly stole a set of keys. He used the keys to drive off in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to catch up and pull the suspect from the car. The suspect fled. Jacquin Ramey, 27, of Burke, was charged with auto theft and assault.
Robbery (blue on map), 3:50 p.m., Feb. 7, 6500 block of Little River Turnpike, A 25-year-old male clerk at a business confronted a man attempting to steal cigarettes. The suspect pushed the clerk, but fled without taking anything.
Robbery (blue on map), 4:45 p.m., Feb. 11, 4100 block of Fairfax Parkway, A 13-year-old boy was walking when three boys attacked him and took his phone. They handed the phone to two girls standing nearby. The victim was able to break free, grab his phone, and flee. He was not injured.
Burglary (yellow on map), 6:50 p.m., Feb. 8, 4500 block of Commons Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Entry was made through the front door.
Larcenies (green on map):
- 4000 block of Championship Drive, documents from vehicle
- 5800 block of Columbia Pike, razor from business
- 5800 block of Columbia Pike, laptop computer from business
- 6200 block of Little River Turnpike, pair of sunglasses from business
- 7000 block of Braddock Road, purse from vehicle
- 7400 block of Dunston Street, purse from vehicle
- 5200 block of Montgomery Street, cash from residence
- 4900 block of Van Walbeek Place, five laptop computers from vehicle
- 4900 block of Americana Drive, cash from residence
- 4300 block of Americana Drive, airbag from vehicle
- 7800 block of Heritage Drive, 15 pairs of headphones from business
Besides the above incident, no other vehicle thefts were reported at the time.