Fairfax County residents who made a total income of $51,000 or less in 2012 are eligible to have their taxes prepared for free this Saturday in Annandale.
The community tax day event, which is sponsored by the Fairfax County Department of Family Services, Volunteer Fairfax, and Deloitte LLP, will be at the Annandale Heritage Center located at 7611 Little River Tpke. in Suite 300 West from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This is the seventh year Fairfax County, Deloitte LLP, and Volunteer Fairfax have partnered to provide free tax preparation for low-to-middle income families and individuals, according to a news release from Volunteer Fairfax.
All taxes will be prepared by trained tax professionals on a first come, first serve basis. Walk-ins are also welcome, but residents can also call 703-324-7280 to reserve a time. There will be free food at the event and childcare provided on site for those attendees with children.
Both spouses must be present for families planning to file a married filing joint return.
Residents planning to attend should bring the following items:
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse if filing jointly).
- Social Security cards or ITIN letters and birth dates for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents.
- Wage and earnings statements: W-2, W-2G, and all Form 1099s received.
- Unemployment compensation, Form 1099G.
- Interest and dividend statements.
- Child care expenses paid in 2011 and the child care provider’s name, address and federal ID number.
- Student loan interest payments.
- Record of tuition, purchase of books and/or student loan payments, 1098-E.
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns (if available).
- A check or deposit slip if you want direct deposit.
- Record of any sales tax paid on new vehicles purchased in 2011.
- Record of any real estate taxes and mortgage interest payments made in 2011.
- Record of any Economic Recovery Payment received from Social Security Administration (SSA), the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) or Veterans Administration.
For more information, visit Volunteer Fairfax's website.