Update: Falls Church Fire Caused by Bedroom Fan
Firefighters extinguished a house fire in Falls Church this morning in about 10 minutes.
(Updated 3:15 p.m., Sept. 5): The fire on the second floor of 4468 Kerns Road was caused by an oscillating fan in a bedroom, fire department officials said Wednesday.
Dan Schmidt, spokesman for the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, said officials received a call around 7:40 a.m.
"It was quickly brought under control and extinguished in about 10 minutes," Schmidt said.
One person has been discplaced as a result of the fire, which caused less than $50,000 in damage.
Fairfax County firefighters responded to a house fire on at 4468 Kerns Road in Falls Church on Wednesday morning.
Around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday, fire engines responded to the scene of the fire. Smoke was visible from a fire on the second floor of the residence.
The fire closed off a section of the road, requiring traffic to use detours to reach Annandale Road.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.