On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Jan. 16 from the West Springfield, Sully and Franconia police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Assault (green on map), 8:35 p.m., Jan. 13, 6200 block of Little River Turnpike, A 23-year-old man reported he was walking home when two suspects approached from behind. One suspect cut the victim before both fled. The victim received minor injuries. One suspect was described as a white male, approximately 22-23 years old, 5’ tall and 140 lbs. No description was available on the second suspect.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Burglary (red on map), 11:30 p.m., Jan. 11, 5200 block of Heming Avenue, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole cash. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Burglary (red on map), 6:10 p.m., Jan. 10, 7100 block of Dale Court, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole several items to include a computer. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
Burglary/Trespassing (purple on map), 10:15 p.m., Jan. 11, 6900 block of Columbia Pike, Officers observed a suspicious person near the church. The individual allegedly entered the church through a window and was apprehended. Christopher Roberts, 24, of Alexandria, was charged with burglary and trespassing.
Burglary (red on map), 10:30 p.m., Jan. 10, 7900 block of Charles Thomson Lane, A resident reported someone entered her home and stole cash. There were no signs of forced entry.
Larcenies (blue on map):
- 6700 block of Bostwick Drive, license plate from vehicle
- 6500 block of Braddock Road, purse from vehicle
- 6200 block of Little River Turnpike, GPS from vehicle
- 4100 block of Chatelain Road, laptop computer from vehicle
- 5700 block of Columbia Road, purse from vehicle
- 6100 block of Little River Turnpike, cell phone from business
- 6100 block of Little River Turnpike, purse from vehicle
- 6200 block of Little River Turnpike, money from business
- 7200 block of Little River Turnpike, liquor from business
No vehicle thefts reported at the time.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Campbell & Ferrara Expands Moving Sale, Prepares for Relocation
- Former Frame Factory Property Still Vacant Almost a Year Later
- Prescription Drug Abuse on the Rise in Fairfax County, Officials Say
- 'Love Your Show Babe:' Jack Diamond Exits MIX 107.3 FM
- Quick Q&A with Mason District Supervisor Penny Gross