On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Sept. 28 from the West Springfield, Franconia and Mason police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Pedestrian Fatality (marked in red on above map) - On Thursday, Sept. 20, around 2:30 p.m., police responded to a struck pedestrian on Gallows Road. A Fairfax County school bus was stopped in the southbound turn lanes of Gallows Road at the intersection with Columbia Pike. Joon Seok Ahn, 89, of 6925 Columbia Pike, was walking westbound and entered the crosswalk while traffic was stopped. The bus moved forward and struck Ahn. He was transported to a local hospital where he later died. The driver of the bus, Cristinia Fernandez, 30, of 14835 Bodley Street, was charged with failure to pay time and attention. Speed and alcohol are not considered factors in the crash. The investigation continues.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Unlawful Entry/Destruction (marked in green on above map), 4200 block of Annandale Road, 9/21/12, 10:20 a.m. The owner reported someone broke a rear window and entered the business which is under construction. Nothing belonging to the business was taken. An investigation continues to determine if any other items were stolen.
Peeping (marked in purple on above map), 6100 block of Marshall Drive, 9/26/12, 2:50 a.m. A 21-year-old female victim heard some noises outside her bedroom window. When she looked out the window, she saw a man running way.
Burglary (marked in pink on above map), 7900 block of Charles Thomson Lane, 9/20/12, 9:30 p.m. A resident reported someone entered their home and stole jewelry and cash. Forced entry was made through the front door.
Larcenies (marked in blue on above map)
- 7000 block of Bradley Circle - radio and other items from vehicle
- 7200 block of Columbia Pike - two bags from vehicle
- 3700 block of Mount Airey Lane - dog from residence
- 7000 block of Cindy Lane - watch and cash from business
- 7200 block of Little River Turnpike - two cartons of cigarettes from business
- 4700 block of Bristow Drive - bicycle from residence
- 7900 block of Charles Thomson Lane - tools from vehicle
- 8600 block of Norfolk Avenue - wallet from business
Vehicles (marked in yellow on above map)
- 7900 block of Schuyler Court - 2008 Volkswagen Jetta