View Annandale 12/14 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 12 from the Franconia, West Springfield and Mason police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Pedestrian Struck (blue thumb tack on map), 5:45 p.m., 12/10/12, 7200 block of Columbia Pike, A pedestrian was crossing the street when a 2002 Ford Ranger hit him. The driver remained on scene. The pedestrian was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors. The case is under investigation.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Illegal Possession of Alcohol (blue on map), 11:20 p.m., 12/6/12, 5500 block of Vincent Gate Terrace, Officers responded for a reported fight. Two 17-year-old juveniles were detained leaving the area. Each, a boy and a girl, were charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor.
Assault (red on map), 1 a.m., 12/8/12, 7000 block of Braddock Road, Officers responded for an alleged drunk individual. Marvin Weaver, 50, of Springfield, was arrested and allegedly fought the officers who attempted to transport him. Weaver was charged with drunk in public and assault on a police officer.
Burglary (pink on map), 2 p.m., 12/6/12, 7900 block of Charles Thomson Lane, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. The home was secure, and there were no signs of forced entry.
Burglary (pink on map), 12:30 a.m., 12/7/12, 3900 block of Moss Drive, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole jewelry. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
Assault (red on map), 6:40 p.m., 12/12/12, 7400 block of Englewood Place, An 18-year-old victim was walking her dog. She leaned over to clean-up after the dog and a man grabbed her buttocks. He fled immediately and she was not harmed. This is not connected with the assaults in the Springfield area.
Police Arrest Suspect in Library Assault (red thumb tack on map), The man accused of assaulting a 17-year-old woman in a bathroom at the Thomas Jefferson Library on Arlington Boulevard in Falls Church is in police custody.
Suspect Kevin Lee Porter, 31, of no fixed address, was taken into custody at his job at a restaurant in the 3000 block of Gatehouse Plaza on Tuesday afternoon. Fairfax County police charged him with abduction and he is being held at the county’s Adult Detention Center without bond.
Robbery (purple on map), 8 p.m., 12/7/12, 4800 block of Beauregard Street, Three suspects entered a business at closing time and stole money from the business and one patron. One suspect brandished a handgun. The suspects were described as thin, black men wearing ski masks.
Robbery (purple on map), 11 a.m., 12/9/12, 7600 block of Little River Turnpike, A 53-year-old victim reported he was robbed at an ATM. The suspect implied he had a handgun and demanded cash. The victim complied and the suspect fled. The victim was not injured. The suspect was described as young, wearing a dark, hooded jacket, black ski mask, and gloves.
Graffiti (turquoise on map), 12:16 p.m., 12/9/12, 6500 block of Little River Turnpike, An employee reported graffiti was located on bathroom door.
Robbery (purple on map), 6500 block of Little River Turnpike, 12/10/12, 12:35 p.m. A 79-year-old victim was walking to the bank to make a deposit when a suspect appeared from around the corner. The suspect sprayed a chemical into the victim’s eyes, grabbed the deposit bag from the victim, and fled. The victim received minor injury and was not transported to the hospital.
Larcenies (green on map):
- 5400 block of Shawnee Road - gun from residence
- 7800 block of Royston Street - jewelry from residence
- 6200 block of Little River Turnpike - liquor from business
- 6400 block of Little River Turnpike - cologne from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (yellow on map):
- 5500 block of Industrial Drive - Kia Sorrento
- 6300 block of Walking Lane - 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- 3400 block of Wheatwheel Lane - 1994 Honda Accord
Editor's note: This is a compilation of reported crimes from Dec. 6-12 and Patch has previously reported on some of them; we have added links to those stories.
See More on Patch
- Daily Crime Report: Man Charged with Assaulting a Police Officer
- Daily Crime Report: Car Crash on Little River Turnpike Injures Three
- Daily Crime Report: Safe Stolen from Residence
- Daily Crime Report: Teenager Allegedly Assaults Police Officer
- Weekly Crime Report: Falls Church Woman Charged with Assaulting an Officer
Most Popular articles
- Campbell & Ferrara Expands Moving Sale, Prepares for Relocation
- Former Frame Factory Property Still Vacant Almost a Year Later
- Prescription Drug Abuse on the Rise in Fairfax County, Officials Say
- 'Love Your Show Babe:' Jack Diamond Exits MIX 107.3 FM
- Quick Q&A with Mason District Supervisor Penny Gross