View Annandale 12/21 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 19 from the Franconia, Mason and West Springfield police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Robbery (red on map), 1:30 a.m., Dec. 15, 6300 block of Little River Turnpike, The victim was sitting outside when the suspect allegedly approached and demanded the victim’s phone. The victim refused and the suspect grabbed the victim and attempted to take the phone. The victim broke free and fled. Richard Cummins, 30, of no fixed address, was charged with robbery.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Larcenies (blue on map):
- 6700 block of Edsall Road - purse from vehicle
- 7200 block of Little River Turnpike - merchandise from business
- 7000 block of Woodland Drive - stereo and cell phone from residence
- 7600 block of Little River Turnpike - projectors from college
- 7400 block of Windy Pines Place - cell phone from residence
- 7000 block of Columbia Pike - merchandise from business
- 6200 block of Little River Turnpike - wallet from business
- 6500 block of Little River Turnpike - tools from vehicle
- 4500 block of Shoal Creek Court - tools from vehicle
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Daily Crime Report: Motorcycle Stolen on Americana Drive
- Daily Crime Report: Jewelry Stolen from Home on Wakefield Chapel Road
- Weekly Crime Report: Annandale Man Arrested for DWI
- Weekly Crime Report: Falls Church Woman Charged with Assaulting an Officer
- Crime Blotter: Annandale Man Charged with Rape