Snow-Related Closings and Delays in Annandale, Fairfax County
County employees granted "unscheduled leave" due to snow.
Wondering what's open, what's closed and what's delayed due to the morning snow? According to the Fairfax County Emergency Information blog, here's what you need to know for Thursday:
County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, – Jan. 24 –, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- All Fairfax County public schools will open two hours late today. All offices will open on time. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will open on time.
- UPDATED: The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will open time today.
- All Northern Virginia Community College campuses, including the Annandale campus, are open today, according to their website.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- Library hours may be affected; call the George Mason Regional Library or other local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
- View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
Patch will update this story.