Almost 200 traffic crashes occurred at intersections in Annandale, Burke, and West Springfield in 2012, according to data from the West Springfield District Station of the Fairfax County Police Department.
According to Capt. Joe Hill, commander of the station, officers will target the intersections in 2013 in an effort to curb the amount of traffic crashes this year. In addition to increased enforcement, police will use educational campaigns and media enforcement to spread awareness about driving safely.
Areas of Annandale, Burke, Burke Centre, Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Lorton, and West Springfield are covered by the West Springfield District Station.
Top 10 Intersections with the Highest Number of Crashes in the West Springfield District:
- Burke Road at Burke Lake Road, Burke (red tack on map)
- Braddock Road at Wakefield Chapel Road, Annandale (red on map)
- Braddock Road at Ravensworth Road, Annandale (red on map)
- Braddock Road at Ox Road, Fairfax (red on map)
- Burke Lake Road at Rolling Road, Burke (red on map)
- Old Keene Mill Road at Rolling Road, Springfield (pink on map)
- Little River Turnpike at Olley Lane, Fairfax (green on map)
- Braddock Road at Burke Lake Road, West Springfield (blue on map)
- Fairfax County Parkway at Huntsman Blvd, Burke (yellow on map)
- Burke Centre Parkway at Ox Road, Burke (purple on map)
Do any of the intersections on the list surprise you? Do you think another location should have made the list?