CNN to Feature Interviews, Highlights Sunday of Debate Between Kaine and Allen
CNN's Candy Crowley moderated Saturday debate between U.S. Senate candidates in Hot Springs, Va.; interviews, excerpts to be featured Sunday on CNN's 'State of the Union.'
Can't get enough of Virginia's neck-and-neck U.S. Senate race? Tune in to CNN on Sunday for "State of the Union," a program which will feature excerpts from Saturday's first general election debate between Republican George Allen and Democrat Tim Kaine.
CNN's "State of the Union" airs at 9 a.m. and noon. The program will include a segment about the debate and race.
The two Senate candidates and former Virginia governors participated in a debate Saturday moderated by CNN's Candy Crowley (host of "State of the Union") before members of the Virginia Bar Association, at their summer meeting at The Homestead, a resort in Hot Springs, Va.
In a video preview of the debate posted on CNN, Crowley states that whoever wins the Virginia Senate race could likely determine which party controls the U.S. Senate and the national agenda.
More debates between Kaine and Allen are scheduled before the Nov. 6 election. They include:
- Radio One 2012 Senatorial Forum: Richmond, Late August (date and venue TBD). Broadcast on Radio One stations (TV broadcast TBD).
- WJLA-TV, POLITICO and Virginia FREE: Arlington Campus, George Mason University. Sept. 14. Broadcast live on WJLA in DC, and available to ABC affiliates throughout Virginia.
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce and NBC4: Capital One Tysons Corner Complex, McLean. Sept. 20. Broadcast live on NBC 4 in DC, and rebroadcast on Sunday, Sept. 23.
- Randolph-Macon College, The Richmond Times Dispatch and the Virginia Chamber of Commerce: Randolph-Macon College, Ashland. October date TBD. Broadcast on media partners WWBT NBC-12 and WCVE Community Ideas Stations in Richmond.
- WSLS-TV and Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech campus, Blacksburg. October date TBD. Broadcast live on WSLS-TV and made available to other television stations statewide.
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce: Norfolk, Oct. 18 or 19 (TBD). Broadcast live on WVEC-TV (ABC affiliate) and to be rebroadcast at a later date TBD.
- League of Women Voters of Virginia and AARP Virginia: WCVE Studios, Midlothian. Oct. 8. Broadcast on CBS-6 in Richmond and WCVE-TV (PBS).
- Virginia State Conference NAACP: Fredericksburg, Oct. 26. Broadcast on WWBT NBC-12 in Richmond.