Weekend Planner: Book Sales, Flicks, Games and More
Local events in our area Friday, Sept. 28 through Sunday, Sept. 30.
Let Patch help you plan your weekend with our list of local events happening this Friday through Sunday.
- Where: Various locations in Northern Virginia, as well as Washington D.C. and Maryland
- When: Now through Sunday, Sept. 30 (see Web site for full schedule)
- Why Go: This popular annual event will feature author appearances, book sales and swaps, poetry readings, award presentations and more.
- Price: FREE
- Semi-Annual Book Sale at George Mason Regional Library, Annandale. Friday, Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, Sept. 30 from Noon – 5 p.m.
- Fall for the Book Sale at Burke Centre Library, Burke. Friday, Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fun Flicks at Pohick Regional Library, Burke. Friday, Sept. 28 at 10:30 a.m. For all ages. FREE – Registration Required.
- Potomac Poets Series at Martha Washington Library, Alexandria. Saturday, Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. For adults. FREE.
- Where: Lake Accotink Park, Springfield
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8 a.m.
- Why Go: Run, walk or bike around Lake Accotink to raise money for the 25:40 One Child at a Time organization.
- Price: See Web site for fund-raising details
- Where: Del Ray Artisans, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 3 – 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Join Del Ray Artisans as they celebrate 20 years with a picnic that will include food, arts and crafts, children’s activities and more.
- Price: FREE
- Where: Carlyle House Historic Park, Alexandria
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 from 8 – 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of 18th century cards, dice, drinks, light hors d’oeuvres and a tour of the Carlyle House museum. Attendees must be at least 21 years of age.
- Price: Tickets are $50
- Basic Gardening: Grow Lush Ferns at Green Spring Gardens, Alexandria. Friday, Sept. 28 at 1:30 p.m. For adults. $10 - $12 per person – Registration Required.
- Ponderings – Fishing at Hidden Pond Nature Center, Springfield. Friday, Sept. 28 at 4:30 p.m. For ages 6 – 10. $6 - $8 per person – Registration Required.
- Goodnight Walk: Owls at Hidden Oaks Nature Center, Annandale. Friday, Sept. 28 at 7:30 p.m. For ages 3 and up. $5 - $7 per person – Registration Required.
- Pond Explore and Hike at Eakin Community Park, Annandale. Saturday, Sept. 29 at 1 p.m. For all ages. $5 - $7 per person – Registration Required.
- Where: GMU Center for the Arts, Fairfax
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Don’t miss an evening with this Tony Award-winning entertainer as she performs Broadway showstoppers and cabaret-style ballads.
- Price: Tickets range from $40 - $70