With the redevelopment of the Springfield Mall underway, of course many of the previous stores are relocated until the Springfield Town Center reopens mid-2014.
Your favorite stores are still in business and have relocated in and around Kingstowne. Here's a list of the stores and where they're currently located:
- Aquatic Treasures, Landmark Mall
- Beauty Center Nail Salon, Spring Mall Square 6701 Loisdale Rd. (Inside Top Nails)
- Cobbler’s Bench, Spring Mall Square 6701 Loisdale Rd. (Center next to Firestone)
- Dr. Lanway, Frontier Drive, Springfield (near Best Buy)
- Eyebrow Designer, Spring Mall Square 6701 Loisdale Rd. (Center next to Firestone)
- Giani Hair Salon, Kingstowne Shopping Center
- Hour Eyes, 5801 Duke St., #E-128 Alexandria, (Landmark Mall)
- Jewel Box, Landmark Mall
- Kay Jeweler’s, Frontier Drive near Old Navy
- Kim’s Custom Tailoring, Spring Mall Square 6701 Loisdale Rd., Springfield
- Kim’s Karate, 6347 Rolling Road, Springfield
- LensCrafters, Frontier Drive near Best Buy
- Oxford Jewelers, 7106 Brookfield Plaza Springfield
- Salon Dyjo, Spring Mall Square 6701 Loisdale Rd., Springfield
- Silver Dolphin, 6030-D - Burke Commons Road, Burke
- The Barber Shop, 8998-D - Lorton Station Blvd., Lorton
- T-Mobile, 6417 Loisdale Road, Springfield
- VA Art Expo, 6464 General Green Way, Suite C, Alexandria
- Virage Hair Salon, 8118 Arlington Blvd. Falls Church
The demolition of the Springfield Mall began Nov. 26. All of the mall's stores closed and relocated back in July except for Macy's, JCPenney and Target. Currently, there is no tenant line up for the new Springfield Town Center.
For more information on the reconstruction, visit the Springfield Town Center website.
Springfield Town Center Construction Continues