Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Public Affairs Manager for Greenspring and Ashby Ponds retirement communities
Greenspring Fitness Center’s Top Eight "Get Fit" Tips for Seniors in the New Year
- Consult your physician: Physicians will give you needed recommendations and restrictions for your personal exercise program.
- Consult a senior personal trainer: A senior fitness professional is knowledgeable in functional limitations and possible chronic health conditions or impairments that senior adults may need to look out for.
- Choose an activity you enjoy: If you actually enjoy something you are much more likely to get out of bed and DO IT!
- Start slow: Slow and steady wins the race.
- Listen to your body: If something hurts consult your senior personal trainer.
- Set reasonable goals: Don’t expect to reach your goals instantly. Be patient with yourself.
- Buddy up: If you have a gym buddy or walking partner you will have more fun and hold each other accountable.
- Have fun: Getting fit is all about enjoying your life with the people you love so get fit and go live your best year yet!