- A volunteer chef will prepare a meal at the Annandale Farmers Market in Mason District Park today from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. as part of a live cooking demonstration series from the Fairfax County Park Authority.
Read: New 'Chef at Market' Cooking Series Coming to Annandale
- Soda will be banned from vending machines at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology when school starts in a less than two weeks as part of a new pilot from from Fairfax County Public Schools.
Read: Soda Ban at Thomas Jefferson High School Begins with New School Year
- Annandale resident Bob Kovacs will step out from behind the camera and play a host of songs during the Shepherd's Center of Annandale-Springfield luncheon today at 11:30 a.m.at S. Barnabas Episcopal Church. Kovacs runs a YouTube channel, Annandale Arts, where he posts videos from around Annandale, most recently of the Spotlight by Starlight performances. The luncheon is $10 per person.
- Today is the Golf Patriot Preview at Pohick Bay Regional Park. Every high school in the Patriot District, including Annandale High School, is participating. The park is located at 6501 Pohick Bay Dr. in Lorton.
- Did you know the Summer 2013 Restaurant Week is upon us? In fact, it's almost over. The annual event started s Monday. More than 200 restaurants in the greater Washington area are participating, including Falls Church’s 2941 Restaurant, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Open Kitchen and Pizzeria Orso. Participating restaurants will offer three-course meals for a set price — $20.13 for lunch or $35.13 for dinner.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something