- Back to School time! Happy first day of school to all Fairfax County Public Schools students. The Fairfax County Police Department reminds motorists to look for buses and pedestrians and plan for a little extra time on the roads to accommodate the school buses.
- Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, starts tomorrow.
- The Mason District Station Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting is tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Mason District Governmental Center. Tuesday's meeting will include an update on crime in the area from Capt. Carol Wilhite, commander of the Mason District Station. There will also be a presentation about the "HEROES" program, which is dedicated to the aiding families of law enforcement and firefighters killed in the line of duty.
- For Annandale residents who aren't covered by the Mason District Station, the West Springfield District Station Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting is also tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the station, which is located at 6140 Rolling Rd in Springfield. Capt. Joe Hill, commander of the West Springfield District Station, will present the annual report of crime in the community and additional news from the West Springfield area.
- The Fairfax County Public Library's summer reading program may be over, but you can still get your book fix. There will be a book club conference at the Fairfax County Government Center on Sat. Sept. 7, from 9 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.