It's Thursday, Sept. 5. Here's five things you need to know in Annandale today and beyond.
- Fairfax County’s Meals on Wheels program is looking for drivers in Springfield just outside of Annandale. More info here.
- Advance Auto Parts will open their second Annandale location later this month. Read about what the store will offer once its open on Annandale Patch.
- Have you checked out our community boards yet? You can connect directly with your neighbors and share photos and more on them.
- History of Marijuana Law: The Northern Virginia chapter of NORML, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, meets at 7:30 p.m. today at Bailey's Pub & Grill in Ballston Common Mall. Tonight's topic is the history of marijuana law and the founding of NORML. The guest speaker is John Zwerling, a attorney and founding member of the national group. Zwerling served as president of the Alexandria Bar Association in 2001-02. More info here.
- A Parent's Guide to Ask.fm: Social media platforms come and go so fast these days that you never which ones are going to stick — or which one to stick with. Rosslyn-based uKnowKids' latest blog post examines Ask.fm, which is seeing an upward trend in use among young people and offers tips to parents for preventing cyberbullying through that platform. Read it here.