- Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) students return to school in 7 days.
- The Springfield BridgeWalk is tonight at 7 p.m. Local residents will come together and march across Veteran's Bridge to American Legion Plaza. Want to go? All participants are meeting at the corner of Amherst and Bland in Springfield.
- Firefighters are giving free haircuts to local kids on free or reduced lunch plans today from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Gum Springs Community Center, located at 8100 Fordson Rd., in Alexandria.
- In case you missed it yesterday, Fairfax County Public Schools has a surplus of more than $300 million. The money in the fund usually goes to pay for special projects and to balance the following year's budget.
- Any chili fans out there? The Greenspring retirement community in Springfield will host its inaugural Chili Cook-Off on Friday, Aug. 30. Read: Chili Cook-Off at Greenspring on Friday
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something