Tis the season to be merry and brighten up a local seniors’ holiday through the Be a Santa to a Senior program! Home Instead Senior Care serving Alexandria and the surrounding areas is kicking off this year’s program with multiple Christmas trees, located at:
· Caribou Coffee, 8938 Burke Lake Road, Springfield
· Caribou Coffee, 7516-A Leesburg Pike, Falls Church
· Roy Rogers-Manchester Lakes, 7013 Manchester Blvd, Alexandria
· Roy Rogers-Belleview, 1506 Belleview Blvd, Alexandria
· Roy Rogers-Rt. 1, 8860 Richmond Highway, Alexandria
· Smith and Clarkson Deli, 8015 Braddock Road, Springfield
· Juke Box Diner, 7039 Columbia Pike, Annandale
· ProMaxx Fitness, 7060 Columbia Pike, Annandale
To be a Santa to an area senior, stop by any of the locations listed above to select an ornament from the tree. Each ornament will have a gift suggestion, such as slippers or a blanket. Have fun shopping, and return the unwrapped gift in a bag with the ornament to any one of the above locations by December 11.
Then, join in the festivities at the wrapping party, which will take place December 17, from 5 to 8 pm at Annandale Fire House, 7128 Columbia Pike in Annandale. Food and refreshments will be served, as well as live entertainment.
Be a Santa to a Senior is an annual holiday gift program developed to brighten the lives of older adults that are alone or financially challenged during the holiday season. Since introducing the Be a Santa to a Senior program, Home Instead Senior Care has helped provide 1.2 million gifts to more than 700,000 seniors in need. Please call 703.750.6644 for more information or questions, or visit www.beasantatoasenior.com.