The peak bloom forecast for the 2014 cherry blossoms had been April 8-12. Officially, those are still the dates.
But the peak of the peak could be in the coming weekend. The Capital Weather Gang has revised the forecast, though, for the peak dates for the cherry blossoms bloom 2014 to be April 11 - 15.
That's just in time for the National Cherry Blossom Festival's parade, April 12. From the festival's website:
The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® presented by Events DC, is Saturday, April 12, 10:00am-noon, rain or shine, and Grandstand Tickets are still available! Purchase tickets to see the fantastic lineup of celebrity talent, including:
- American Idol Season 12 winner Candice Glover
- Multiple Grammy award-winning artist Sheena Easton, with over 20 million records sold worldwide
- R&B and Gospel Grammy award-winning artist Regina Belle
- Pop sensation and hip hop singer Aaron Carter
- Grand Marshal Darrell Green, former cornerback from the Washington Redskins and Pro Football Hall of Fame member
- Branden James, a classical crossover singer known from season 8 of America’s Got Talent
- Chart topping artist Jay Sean
- Miss America 2014 Nina Davuluri
- Norah O’Donnell, co-anchor of CBS This Morning, joins WUSA 9 News anchors Andrea Roane and Mike Hydeck as Parade hosts
- American Idol’s Justin Guarini returns as street correspondent for the second year.
- Radio personalities and local favorites Loo Katz & Matt Bosso from WASH-FM host from a second performance area located near the Parade’s finish.