Mason District Supervisor Penny Gross confirmed the store is scheduled to open sometime after January 2014 at her annual town hall on Wednesday.
A Walgreens representative told Patch back in September that the store would open sometime in November. As of Dec. 3, the store was still very much under construction. A call to a Walgreens representative regarding a possible opening date was not returned.
This is not the first time the store's opening date has been postponed. Construction on the store, which will be located at 4300 Backlick Rd., began in January of this year, about eight months after it purchased the property, and the store originally aimed for a summer 2013 opening.
Fuddruckers, which operated in Annandale for more than 20 years, closed in April 2012 when its lease ended. The property owner then sold the property to Walgreens.
Once complete, the Walgreens will be a 24-hour drugstore and pharmacy with a drive-thru.
Want more Annandale business news? Check out our business section.
Read previous Patch coverage about Walgreens and Fuddruckers:
- New Annandale Walgreens Set to Open This Summer
- What's Going on With Walgreens and Fuddruckers?
- Fuddruckers to Close April 29
- Farewell Fuddruckers: Residents Say Goodbye
- Your Reactions to Fuddruckers Closing
- No Construction Start Date Yet for New Walgreens
- Construction of New Walgreens Will Start in September