UPDATE 7:45 p.m.:
There were no injuries reported and damage was light at the Howard Street home in Annandale where a fire was reported Wednesday night. A single female occupant was home at the time of the fire.
According to Fairfax County Fire Deputy Chief Michael T. Reilly, the fire appears to have been an accidental electrical outlet fire.
Reilly said when fire units arrived on the scene, they responded to what appeared to be a basement fire, as they saw smoke coming from the front of the house in the lower level.
Upon entering the lower level, there was zero visibility due to smoke from the fire. While firefighters were searching for the source of the fire, they were tripping over themselves, he said, due to what he called a mild case of hoarding.
Eventually firefighters were able to locate the electrical outlet where the fire appeared to have started and extinguished the fire under 10 minutes. It does not appear that the fire spread any farther than the lower level.
A truck from Dominion Virginia Power was requested, to see if it was safe for power to be restored to the home.
No firefighters were injured in fighting the blaze. There was no word on whether the occupant was going to accept any assistance.
In cases where there is possible hoarding, Reilly said officials talk to the homeowners to get them help.
Fairfax County firefighters responded to a possible electrical fire Wednesday night on Howard Street in Annandale. At 7:15 p.m., fire officials were still on the scene.
County officials have blocked off Gallows Road between Travis Parkway and Thornton Street in both directions at 7:15 p.m., with no cars getting through. Howard Street is also blocked off.
A Dominion power truck is on the scene. No word yet on fatalities.
Patch will update the story as more information becomes available.