.

House Fire on Holly Road in Annandale Ruled Accidental

The fire was caused by problem with the electrical panel in the basement, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

The house fire on Holly Road in Annandale last Saturday was accidental. Photo Credit: Sherell Williams
The house fire on Holly Road in Annandale last Saturday was accidental. Photo Credit: Sherell Williams
Fire investigators with the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department have determined the house fire on Holly Road in Annandale last Saturday was accidental.

The small fire was caused by a problem with the electrical panel, according to Public Information Officer Renee Stilwell with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

Shortly after fire units arrived on scene, part of King Arthur Road starting at Garlot Drive was blocked off to traffic for about an hour. The road reopened to traffic shortly after 9 p.m. Dominion Virginia Power was also called to the scene to turn off power to the home.

Two person were home at the time of the fire, but there were no civilian, pet or fire personnel injuries. Stillwell confirmed firefighters were able to put the fire out within minutes of arriving.

For quick Annandale news updates, "like" Annandale Patch on Facebook and follow @annandalepatch on Twitter.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »