On Monday, Dec. 9, all Fairfax County public schools will be closed, school officials announced on the FCPS website Sunday.
Administrative offices will open at noon. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
- Check back for additional closings and delayed openings.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
- extracurricular activities
- interscholastic contests
- team practices
- field trips
- middle school after-school programs
- professional learning and training courses
- all adult and community education classes
- recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
- School Age Child Care (SACC) centers.
The School Board work session will begin at 12:30 p.m.
Northern Virginia Community College
Northern Virginia Community College will open at 11:00 AM on Monday, Dec. 9, 2013
due to inclement weather. All campuses and administrative offices will
open at that time. Please see the college website for more information.
Fairfax County Government
Fairfax County Government offices will be open Monday, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave, according to the Fairfax County Emergency Blog. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court will make a decision on operating status early Monday morning.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- Because the schools are closed Monday, Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) events, scheduled classes and Drop-in Group Fitness classes held at RECenters or other FCPA facilities are canceled. FCPA winter camps held at RECenters or FCPA facilities are canceled, and Parks classes held at school locations, senior centers or community centers are canceled. Preschool programs at Lee District and Spring Hill will not operate. However, Park Authority facilities will remain open. If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
- George Mason Regional Library hours may be affected; call before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.