- Annandale High School's (AHS) Back to School Resource Fair is Wednesday from 2-7 p.m. at Annandale High. The fair is free for all students in the AHS pyramid. There will be clothing and school supplies available to families in need. For more details about the fair, read the Annandale Parent-Teacher Student Association's newsletter (see page 10 in the PDF).
- The Spotlight by Starlight summer concert series is quickly coming to a close. There are only six more concerts left at Mason District Park and two more cultural nights at Ossian Hall Park. Linwood Taylor will perform at Mason District Park on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and perform a variety of texas swing blues songs.
- Also coming up this week for Spotlight by Starlight is Peruvian Cultural Night on Saturday, also at 7:30 p.m. at Ossian Hall Park.
- Have a green thumb? This weekend is the 31st Annual Begonia Show and Sale at Green Spring Gardens. The event is from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and from 12-3:30 p.m. on Sunday. Admission to the show and sale is free.
- For the second weekend in a row, Green Spring Gardens will host "Pride and Prejudice: A 200-Year Love Affair" to celebrate Jane Austen's popular novel, which turned 200 this year. The event will be on Sunday at Green Spring's Historic House from 1 from 1-3 p.m. The program costs $29 per person. To register, residents can call 703-941-7987.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something