- The Fairfax County Police Department will host a workshop on how to avoid financial scams at Annandale High School on Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Annandale residents will have an opportunity to voice their opinions about the proposed pilot programs at Fairfax County Public Libraries at several upcoming meetings this month. The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area is hosting a meeting on Thursday at 9:30 a.m. at the Fred Packard Center, located at 4026 Hummer Rd. Other meeting dates can be found here.
- This Wednesday is International Walk to School Day, which aims to promote physical activity while reducing traffic congestion and pollution near schools. Several Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) are participating in the annual day. See the full list here. Students in the Annandale and Springfield areas are encouraged to participate by biking to school or walk to their bus stops. Parents are encouraged to accompany their children to school and to work with their schools and PTAs or PTOs to gather in groups for the event.
- The Annandale Chamber of Commerce is hosting a luncheon Thursday from 12-1 p.m. at Juke Box Diner, located at 7039 John Marr Dr. There will be a presentation by CPA George Kresslein on how to make sure your financial profile's in order before the end of the year. Tickets are $20 chamber members, $25 for non-members, payable at the door. You must RSVP no later than Tuesday to firstname.lastname@example.org. More details here.
- The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce will host the "Taste of Greater Springfield" on Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at the Waterford at Springfield, 6715 Commerce St. More details here.
Know of an event going on in Annandale this week? Share it with us and your neighbors on our events calendar.