- Get ready to "Discover Korea": The 11th Annual KORUS Festival kicks off on Friday, Sept. 20 at 5 p.m. in Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville, located at 7700 Bull Run Drive. The festival will feature performances from Korean artists, food vendors selling Korean dishes, demonstrations, contests and more. The KORUS Festival is organized by the Korean American Association of Washington Metropolitan Area (KAAW).
- Countywide CAC Meeting with New Police Chief: Fairfax County Police Department Chief Col. Edwin Roessler will meet and speak with county residents at a countywide Citizens' Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be in the A-level conference room of the Massey Building, located at 4100 Chain Bridge Rd. in Fairfax.
- Time for Football: The Annandale Atoms varsity football team plays at home on Friday against Oakton High School. The game starts at 7:30 p.m.
- The Fairfax Symphony Returns: The Fairfax Symphony's second season of “Mischief in Music” starts on Saturday at 8 p.m. at George Mason University's Center for the Arts in Fairfax. The opening performance will include two works by Aaron Copland. Philadelphia Orchestra’s Ricardo Morales will serve as principal clarinetist. Tickets are $25 for the general public and $5 for students ages 6-18.
- VolunTrivia with Volunteer Fairfax: The annual team trivia event starts on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Bennigan's Restaurant in McLean, located at 8201 Greensboro Dr. Teams of up to six people will be eligible to compete for more than $500 in prizes.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something