Northern Virginia Community College
Northern Virginia Community College, once Virginia Technical College, is the largest educational institution in Virginia and the second-largest community college in the country. The college offers more than 150 associate degree and certificate programs, as well as various engaging activities for students. NVCC prides itself on giving students quality, affordable education that will help them achieve their goals in life and pursue the career of their dreams.
The school offers a wide variety of degrees, certificate programs, and continuing education courses through its Workforce Development Program. The international students make up 20 percent of the student population and are from over 180 different countries. Activities include fraternities and sororities, student government, a student newspaper, a concert band, and plenty more.
NVCC has additional campuses in Alexandria, Woodbridge, Loudoun, Springfield, and Manasses, as awell as educational centers in Reston and Arlington.
- Fax: 703-323-3367
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 8:30am - 7pm; Fri, 8:30am - 5pm; Sat, 9am – noon
- Handicap Accessible: Several handicap parking spaces are available and most of the school grounds are accessible by ramps. Classrooms can be reached by elevator.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1964
- Number of students: 78,000
- Male-to-female ratio: 47%-51%
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None.
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 45;1
- Parking: Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 2,600
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Pretty engaged.
- What makes this community special?: The accessibility of the campus and how welcoming the residents are to the school's presence.
- Degrees: Graduate, Professional, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Percent international: 20
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports teams: Basketball, football, soccer, volleyball intramural sports.
- Early decision: Yes