Hidden behind the homes in Quiet Cove is Pinecrest School, a non-sectarian, non-profit independent school committed to providing a positive and welcoming environment for students age three to grade six. The school strives to boost the confidence and learning skills of all of its students through the academic programs it offers. Pinecrest also teaches their students to accept and appreciate diversity. Pinecrest is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Fax: 703-354-0502
- Hours: Pinecrest School is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. The preschool school day runs from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday, and the K-6 school day runs from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Morning drop-off for all students begins daily at 8:40 a.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1957
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Pinecrest School is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools/AdancED.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 6:1
- Number of faculty: 18
- What makes this community special?: Pinecrest provides a positive environment for student development for children age 3 - grade 6. Within an intimate atmosphere, teachers individualize instruction, allowing each child to grow academically, socially & emotionally at his/her own pace.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Preschool, K-6, Summer Camp
- Special education: No
- Features: Computer lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: After-school activities offered during the school year; Pinecrest Summer Pavilion is the school's award-winning camp program -- half-day or full-day camp options for K-6 or half-day preschool 4 options with creative, theme-based classes
- Student clubs: Kiwanis K-Kids Club (student-led community-service organization for grades 2-6)