The Griffin Academy of Westminster School is a pre-school academy located in St. Albans Episcopal Church on Columbia Pike in Annandale. Led by director Kristine Lee, the school offers classes and programs for students ages 3 – 4, which include a maximum of fourteen students with a teacher and an aide in each class. Extended care is also available. Daily lessons include language arts, math, science, music and movement, art, drama and French.
- Hours: School Day: 9:00-12:30 (3-year-olds) 9:00-2:30 (4-year-olds) Extended Care Available in the morning beginning at 7:30 a.m. and in the evening until 5:30 p.m.
- Founding Date: September, 2010
- Number of students: 14
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:7
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: The Griffin Academy offers a well-rounded preschool program that includes early exposure to phonics and math manipulatives, as well as art, music, and dramatic play.
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 3 - 4
- Uniforms: Yes