Wakefield Forest Elementary
Wakefield Forest Elementary has opened its doors to students in grades K-6 since 1955. Parent volunteers and staff members are committed to enhancing excellence and the expansion of learning experience for all students at the school. Wakefield Forest prides itself in the close relationship between school, home and community. Wakefield Forest offers PTA-sponsored extra-curricular activities such as Foreign Language Experience (FLEX) classes, chess club, drama club, basketball clincs, jump rope club and martial arts. Special features include a school-wide world study program and a student-produced morning news show.
- Fax: 703-503-2397
- Hours: School hours - AM Kindergarten: Mon, 8:35am-10:40am; Tue-Fri, 8:35am-11:55pm School hours - PM Kindergarten: Mon, 10:40am-12:45pm; Tue-Fri, 11:55am-3:15pm School hours - Grades 1-6: Mon, 8:35am-12:45pm; Tue-Fri, 8:35am-3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are handicap parking spaces and an accessible ramp.
- Number of students: 450
- Male-to-female ratio: 50%-50%
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Fully accredited.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 33
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-6
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: FLEX, Odyssey of the Mind, Jump Rope Club, Girls on the Run, Martial Arts, Hoops clinic
- Student clubs: Drama Club, Jump Rope Club, Chess Club